01 Our Privacy Commitment
Dream Data is also committed to protecting your information in accordance with Australian Law under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles. This policy establishes how, when and why we collect personal information, how we use or disclose information, how you can access or update your information, how we store and manage data and implications for third party sites. It also provides reference as to where to address concerns.
02 Your Consent
This Policy may be updated periodically, it is your responsibility to check this page for posted updates so you can be aware of any changes.
03 How, When and Why We Collect Information
Dream Data collects information about you (including your business and customers) in the following circumstances when you voluntarily:
• Purchase products or services from our website including engaging Dream Data for ‘Done For You’ or ‘Custom’ services
• Provide details for our customer database (during the course of enquiry, purchase, subscription, or enrolment).
• Enter your details to subscribe to Dream Data communication channels, download free resources or use free online tools
• Provide information to us in writing, verbally or electronically
• Subscribe to social media or other platforms
• Offer feedback to improve our service, for example; through requested feedback channels, the use and collection of data for statistical purposes or by the use of electronic tools like cookies.
Dream Data collects personal information at other times during the course of conducting business and/or customer service interactions which may include:
• Accepting customer purchase orders or service requests
• Processing payments, credits or refunds
• Answering your queries or questions across all mediums including social media
• Providing training or mentoring advice
• Consulting to you
• At other times where you may require assistance from us.
As a general rule, the types of information we collect include:
• Information that you specifically give to us in the course of business interactions and communications. This includes, but is not limited to, business name, personal name/s, physical addresses, social media handles, domain from which you access the internet, direct messaging addresses, contact telephone numbers, purchasing history (and where relevant credit information)
• Other information obtained from your use of our products and services, including our website; and
• Customer database information for the purposes of conducting and executing services on your behalf.
04 Marketing Communications
We like to send email, SMS, messaging or mail communication from time to time with helpful information, and our products and/or services. However, we only want to communicate with you, if you wish to hear from us. You can click ‘unsubscribe’ at the bottom of any email communication and opt out at any time. We will update this information on our database to include ‘do not contact’ against your details.
If you do not wish to receive any other communication from us at any time, contact us in writing via our website, email, social media platforms or by unsubscribing from the channel.
05 Electronic Data We Collect
Dream Data automatically collects information to track user numbers and frequency of visitors to our website and social media platforms.
We use this information primarily for our own business performance and to help us identify what clients want from our products and services. This data is predominantly collected using cookies. Most information is effectively anonymous, however, if you do not want this type of information recorded most personal browsers give you the option to disable cookies.
06 Storage of Personal Information
Information collected by Dream Data is stored electronically on secured servers.
07 Disclosing Personal Information
Except as provided below, Dream Data does not sell, exchange or transfer your personal information to third parties without your consent.
We may disclose information to our staff and to third party contractors purely in the provision of your services (if required) or delivery of your e-course. We may disclose personal information to trusted third parties who we engage to process your personal information for us (these trusted third parties agree to keep this information confidential).
Personal information may also be disclosed to protect our legal rights, or in circumstances where the information relates to actual or threatened harm, threat to life, health or safety or in circumstances where we have good faith belief that such action is necessary to;
• conform to the requirements of law or comply with government regulations, court orders, or any legal process served on us; or
• to protect and defend our property or other rights, the users of our website or the public; or
• where collection and disclosure is authorised or required by law (in such circumstances we will only disclose the minimum personal information required by such law);
08 Accessing your Information
We take all care to ensure the information we hold is correct. If you would like to know what information Dream Data holds about you, you can contact us. You can also update or correct any personal information that we hold.
To seek access or correction of your personal information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have the right to ask us not to send you marketing communications, to access to the information we hold about you, and to request a copy of your data or request we delete it. You can achieve this anytime by emailing email@example.com
You can interact with Dream Data anonymously under a pseudonym if you prefer. However please be aware we may not be able to provide certain services under such identity.
09 How We Protect Your Information
We follow reasonable technical and management practices to help protect the confidentiality, security and integrity of data stored on our system. While no computer system is completely secure, we believe the measures implemented by Dream Data reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved.
We use secure web services to collect your information and we store sensitive data in encrypted form.
We encourage you to be vigilant about the protection of your own information when using digital services, such as social media. While we will endeavour to ensure that any relationships we have with third parties include an appropriate level of protection for your privacy, we will be limited in our ability to control any electronic platform operated by a third party, this includes but is not limited to Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, LinkedIn etc.
10 Third Party Websites
Our website contains links to third party websites (e.g.: quizzes, tools such as the calculator etc). Your use of these third party websites is entirely at your own choice and risk. We recommend that you diligently check the privacy and security policy of each website you visit. We make no representation or warranty as to the effectiveness, quality, legitimacy or data protections of any third party website.
11 Complaints and Enquiries
We want to ensure that we keep your personal information confidential and will do our best to do this, however, if you do have any questions or complaints regarding our use, collection or storage of your personal information, please feel free to contact us to discuss these issues at firstname.lastname@example.org (providing detailed and factual information about the nature of your situation).
We will endeavour to respond to your query, comment or complaint within 14 days of receipt of your correspondence.
If you are unhappy with our response or if we do not provide a response within 14 days you can make a complaint to the Privacy Commissioner at the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC). OAIC can be contacted as below:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW, AUSTRALIA 2001
T 1300 363 992
Our 6-module Doing Data E-course is broken down into bite-size chunks, with only the critical steps included so small biz DIYers can just get on with the job and sprinkle that shit everywhere.